Arcade1up Drill Plexiglass - Fast and easy!
This is a quick Arcade1up mod tutorial that will show you how to drill holes on a plastic control panel. The plastic sheet that sits on top of the control panel is actually made of plexiglass. Folks may want to do this to replace their existing artwork overlay and/or add the plastic protector to save from additional wear and tear. Hence, the term “Arcade1up drill plexiglass”.
You can also upgrade from the stock Arcade1up joysticks and buttons for a decent price and, the cool buttons light up giving it the arcade the extra spice it needed. #arcade1up drill plexiglass
Here are some options if you’re interested in upgrading your joysticks and buttons.
Prior to installing the new plastic protector, I had trouble finding any good tutorial and instructions so I thought it would be a great idea to share this experience with anyone who may be interested.
Most people fear the plastic sheets would crack when drilling them but fear not as I was able to drill perfect holes with no issue.
Note, this guide is only for plastic sheets that were 2mm thick from Arcade1Up.
Things You'll Need. Arcade1up Drill Plexiglass
3 Things (and costs) you will need to get started:
- Street Fighter Deck Protector with Overlay from Arcade1Up.
- $24.50 USD (including $12 shipping)
- To order the Arcade1up Screen Protector, visit: https://arcade1up.com/collections/control-panel-overlays
- Electric Drill
- $34.99 USD
- Step Drill Bit
- $9.99 USD
My Total Project Cost: $69.48 (not including taxes)
You may be able to get away with any drill, but I wanted to use a low powered drill to avoid the risk of the plastic cracking from too much force. For this project, I used this BLACK & DECKER 12V Cordless Drill – BDCDD12C.
Other Links you’ll be interested in:
- Playstation 3 (PS3) BLU-RAY DRIVE CANNOT TAKE DISC
- Arcade1Up Toy REVIEWS
- 87-inch EastPoint Brighton Billiard Pool Table – REVIEW
- Best way to reheat pizza at home!
- My Whirlpool Wall Oven NOT shutting off!
- VTech KidiZoom Smartwatch DX2 – REVIEW
- KidiBuzz G2 – REVIEW
- Upper Bounce vs BouncePro vs Jump Pro Trampoline
- The new Nintendo Switch Model
- What is Animal Crossing New Horizons?
- 2020 TV Buying Guide
- Wet Dry vs Sump Tank
- Animal Living Under Shed
- Sunny Health Step Machine Review (SF-1115)
- Laser Cap for Hair Loss Review
- How to Stop Hair Loss, Receding Hairline and Balding
- Top Professional Haircut Kits – Best Haircuts at home!
Step Drill Bit
The proper Step Drill Bit is also required to do the work. There are certain drill bits which are made for plastic/acrylic. After some research, I have found the Neiko Titanium Step Drill Bit (1/4” to 1 3/8”) and Innetoc Shank Titanium Step Drill Bit (1/4” to 1 3/8”) has worked without issues for me.
Step 3: Place the plastic protector onto the firm surface. In this case, it would be the Arcade1up control panel.